Who should wear?
Emerald (meaning Panna) represents planet Mercury. Vedic astrology recommends wearing this gemstone to emerge out of negative influences caused by a weaker Mercury in a person’s horoscope.
- Indian astrology assigns Panna ratna for Mithun (Gemini) and Kanya (Virgo) rashi.
- Western astrology recommends emerald birthstone for Cancer.
- Ascendants of Taurus, Libra, Capricorn and Aquarius can also wear emerald.
World-over, emerald is worn as a fashionable jewel stone. However, in eastern countries, it is the astrological significance that makes this gemstone popular. It is also known as Pachu stone, Markat Mani, Parnaya and Budh ratna in India and Smaragdos in Greek.
Ideal for Financial, Intellectual and Creative Ventures
– Since Mercury rules intelligence, Panna rashi ratan is trusted to improve wearer’s comprehension, reasoning and memory skills. Astrologers thus highly recommend wearing Panna for people working in finance, banking, book keeping, share market trading etc. As well as for people engaged in creative ventures.
Refined Oration & Communication
– Mercury is regarded as the Vaani-karaka in vedic astrology. Therefore, people suffering from speech related issues and low confidence can benefit hugely from Panna and perform better in their social and professional lives. Needless to say, panna benefits people working in PR, Media or Mass Communication related roles, the most.
Relaxed mind, improved senses and calm skin
– It is believed that wearing a Pachu stone benefits individuals suffering from ear, eye and skin related ailments. Panna as rashi ratan is also highly useful in treating certain allergies and nervous disorders.